Are you in Crisis?
If so, please click here for support information
GME Wellness Program
The Office of Resident and Fellow Wellness exists to provide trainees and their families with the support and resources needed to protect their well-being and mental health. The Director of the program is a clinical psychologist, Dr. Maggie Rea who oversees the GME wellness opportunities which include facilitating access to medical and mental health services as well as providing ongoing wellness programming. Individual residents and fellows can reach out to her at any time as a first stop in identifying the best resources. To access Counseling Services, please contact the GME Psychologist, Dr. Sheetal Shah, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-822-1916.
In addition, The Office of GME Wellness offers group facilitation and interventions. Examples include:
- Process oriented groups that provide an arena for trainees to debrief on the training process in a supportive and confidential setting
- Debriefing session following a particularly challenging instance during training
- Facilitated discussions on topics such as:
- Managing Burnout and Promoting Resilience
- Mental Health Concerns During the Training Process
- Impostor Syndrome
- Navigating Personal Relationships in the Context of High Stress Training
- How to Foster Healthy Communication in the Medical Milieu
Dr. Rea is also available to program directors and faculty who might benefit from input on how best to support the well-being of their residents.