Are you in Crisis?
If so, please click here for support information.
Physician Support Line is a free and confidential support line service made up of 400+ volunteer psychiatrists, joined together in the determined hope to provide peer support for our physician colleagues as we all navigate the COVID-19 epidemic. Free. Confidential. No appointment necessary.
GME Wellness Program
The Office of Resident and Fellow Wellness exists to provide trainees and their families with the support and resources needed to protect their well-being and mental health. The Director of the program is a clinical psychologist, Dr. Maggie Rea who oversees the GME wellness opportunities which include facilitating access to medical and mental health services as well as providing ongoing wellness programming. Individual residents and fellows can reach out to her at any time as a first stop in identifying the best resources. To access Counseling Services, please contact the contact the Academic and Staff Assistance Program (ASAP) at 916-734-2727.
In addition, The Office of GME Wellness offers group facilitation and interventions. Examples include:
- Process oriented groups that provide an arena for trainees to debrief on the training process in a supportive and confidential setting
- Debriefing session following a particularly challenging instance during training
- Facilitated discussions on topics such as:
- Managing Burnout and Promoting Resilience
- Mental Health Concerns During the Training Process
- Impostor Syndrome
- Navigating Personal Relationships in the Context of High Stress Training
- How to Foster Healthy Communication in the Medical Milieu
Dr. Rea is also available to program directors and faculty who might benefit from input on how best to support the well-being of their residents.
To access our Wellness Surveys please log into MedHub and view the Wellness Resources Section. It provides links and login information.