SToP: Stop Tobacco Program
Multi class series
The SToP: Stop Tobacco Smoking Cessation series meets for 8 sessions over several weeks and focuses on empowering tobacco users to overcome the addiction. It incorporates many aspects of smoking cessation including behavior modification, nutrition, medications, and relapse prevention. Various tools and strategies are offered and a multidisciplinary team consults with the group to support each person’s process. Led by a Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist and Health Educator.
SToP: Tobacco series in generally offered once monthly.
(See class schedule below for entire series dates and details)
- The program is free of charge and is open to patients who receive their primary care at UC Davis Health. This class is open to all UC Davis employees and retirees.
- All classes are subject to cancellation if enrollment is low. In the event of a cancellation, all enrolled individuals will be notified.
What our patients are saying:
- "Initially was skeptical about whether the program would be worthwhile since I normally am not receptive to support type activities. Was pleasantly surprised that the program gave me a number of tools to use in my toolbox and presented concepts that were good to know and I can utilize. Would recommend to nay sayers. Good job!!!"
- "This class is awesome! I could not have done this by myself! The staff are exceptional. The difference is that they genuinely care for your health & success. I know I will remain cigarette free for the rest of my life, and I have this class to attribute to that! Thank you!!!"
- "The classes gave me so many tools and stratgies to help me be successful in my journey to be smoke free. There were many facts I did not know about the harmful effects of smoking presented in these classes. Having this knowledge will make it easier to quit."
- "This class was a very good experience. I wasn't convinced that I could quit smoking when class started. Well, I have successfully Quit Smoking and the class was a huge part of my success."
SToP: Tobacco Program class schedule