Diabetes: Nutrition Part 1 (aka Basic Nutrition)
Begin learning about diabetes nutrition
Diabetes: Nutrition Part 1 is a 2-hour 15-minute class focusing on diabetes nutrition basics. The class is taught by a registered dietitian. Participants who take this class are eligible for the Diabetes: Nutrition Part 2 course. Please feel free to bring one support person with you.
- Basic carbohydrate counting
- Meal timing
- Portion control
- Label reading
- Eating away from home
- Meal planning strategies
- Heart healthy eating
- The Diabetes In Charge and In Control series covers all aspects of diabetes. Recognized by the American Diabetes Association for meeting the national standards for diabetes self-management education. You may choose to take one or more of the classes in the series as desired.
- The programs are free of charge and they are open to UC Davis patients, employees and retirees.
- All classes are subject to cancellation if enrollment is low. In the event of a cancellation, all enrolled individuals will be notified.
What our patients are saying:
- "Thank you for this information, it has helped a great deal understanding what I need to do."
- "Truly, the class was very well done. i feel better equipped to look at nutrition and eating to control blood sugar."
- "The class moderator was very knowledgeable, concise and explained the subject matter in layman's words"
Diabetes: Nutrition Part 1 class schedule