Living Healthy with Chronic Pain
Learn to improve daily pain management
Living Healthy with Chronic Pain is a 2-hour class designed to enhance self-management skills and improve quality of life for those struggling with chronic pain. The class offers discussion and education for improving daily management of pain through lifestyle changes and self-management skill development. Please feel free to bring one support person with you.
Other topics include:
- Mood modification strategies and developing action plans
- Pacing, eating well, understanding medications, movement and more
- The programs are free of charge and they are open to UC Davis Health patients, employees, and retirees.
- All classes are subject to cancellation if enrollment is low. In the event of a cancellation, all enrolled individuals will be notified.
What our patients are saying:
- Was a great class! It was great knowing mostly that you arent alone in dealing with it. Feels lonely sometimes when dealing with it.
- Very good balance of information from differing staff. I understand the pain management through mind, relaxing and diverting off of the pain but even though UC Davis is exceptional not sure that pain management through medications is taken as a need. This class has a lot of merit and use.
- Everything was presented in an organized manner. People were given time to express their feeling and ask questions. Excellent class.
Living Healthy with Chronic Pain class schedule