Eight Weeks to a Healthier You
Overcome barriers that are keeping you from better health
This educational series (8 classes, 2 hours each) is ideal for those with a chronic health condition (for example excessive weight, arthritis, diabetes, asthma, heart failure, high cholesterol, depression, etc.) struggling to achieve their health goals. The series provides insightful approaches to behavior and lifestyle change aimed to help participants overcome barriers. The series is facilitated by a behavior health professional and engages guest speakers such as dietitians, nurses, and pharmacists.
- Due to the in depth discussion, support persons are not allowed to attend.
- The programs are free of charge and they are open to UC Davis Health patients, employees, and retirees.
- All classes are subject to cancellation if enrollment is low. In the event of a cancellation, all enrolled individuals will be notified.
What our patients are saying:
- Great shared ideas on concepts from classmates. Great positive thoughts and great respect for each attendees in class. Positive sharing of ideas on concepts.
- I really appreciated the time with the dietitian - she was really helpful for my specific health condition.
- This was an engaging group. I was comfortable. I learned more about myself. I am grateful for these sessions
Eight Weeks to a Healthier You class schedule