Achieving a Healthy Weight
Healthy weight loss strategies
Achieving a Healthy Weight is a 2 hour weight management class. The class explores the benefits of weight loss and physical activity while utilizing tools such as BMI, waist measurement, portion sizes, plate method, and food journaling. Discussion also includes an overview of healthy weight loss strategies. Please feel free to bring one support person with you.
- The programs are free of charge and they are open to UC Davis Health patients, employees, and retirees.
- All classes are subject to cancellation if enrollment is low. In the event of a cancellation, all enrolled individuals will be notified.
What our patients are saying:
- "Lively exchange of ideas. Lots of choices. Makes you motivated to get started."
- "Excellent review of weight loss essentials - benefit & goals - tracking & portion control - ways to increase physical activity - decreasing calories & recipe modification."
- "I think the educator was very approachable and knowledgeable. I very much enjoyed the topics covered and like the material packet to keep and also write notes in."
Achieving a Healthy Weight class schedule