Child Life Program Donations
Thank you for your interest in donating to the UC Davis MIND Institute's Child Life Program. Our Child Life Specialists provide comforting and fun activities for our patients to make their clinic and research visits more enjoyable. They also assist with blood draws and other procedures, often using toys and other calming strategies to help make the experience more comfortable.
Your donation to the UC Davis MIND Institute Child Life Program will support our Child Life Specialists’ ability to:
Provide developmentally appropriate support, education, and coping strategies to address the special needs of children, such as incentive prizes for blood draws and medical visits.
Offer sensory-friendly play opportunities and materials such as toys, books, games, art supplies, playground and support groups.
Host a series of free special events annually to encourage and promote socialization and play among children with developmental disabilities and their families.
Empower siblings through our sibling group program and providing virtual resources and programming directly to families via our website and social channels.
Donate to the Child Life Fund
Donor Intent Form (PDF)
If you have questions regarding donations, contact Erin Roseborough at 916-703-0222.
Child Life Wish List
We currently have the following greatest needs:
- Sensory Items- Chewie’s, fidgets, weighted blankets, magnetic blocks and textured toys
- Lego Brand- small and medium Lego kits
- Infant/Toddler Toys- rattles, shape sorters, cause and effect toys
- Board Books- infant and toddler
- Craft Kits- all ages slime kits, beads
- Playdough- multi color cans and small kits
- Blu tooth headphones and speakers for teens
- School Supplies – colored markers, colored pencils, scissors and notebooks
- Outside toys- balls, bubbles
- Gift Cards – ( $5.00 , $10 and $20) Target, Starbucks, Jamba Juice, Cold Stone and McDonald's
Shop using our Amazon wishlist
Due to infection control and allergen guidelines for all patients, we cannot accept previously owned items. This includes stuffed animals and toys that have only been on display or part of private collections. Items that do not meet our guidelines will be redirected to another charity. Please complete our donor intent gift form and bring it with you when you drop off your donation. To schedule a time to drop off donations, please contact Erin Roseborough at 916-703-0222. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently accepting curbside drop off only.
MAIL A DONATION:
UC Davis MIND Institute
Attn: Erin Roseborough
2825 50th Street, Room 1341
Sacramento, CA 95817