Ananya Datta Mitra, M.D.
Resident, PGY 3
University of Calcutta & The West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Cooking, traveling, painting, reading novels and spending time with family.
Reason for selecting UC Davis for Residency:
Unique balance of AP/CP training, dedicated faculty, friendly atmosphere and a wonderful location.
- Transplant Pathology
- Stem Cells
- Immune regulations in lymphoma and leukemia
- Would healing
Publications, Abstracts or Posters
- Datta Mitra A, Vali Betts E, Ralph Green, Hooman Rashidi, Jong Hee Chung, Denis M Dwyre. Combined megaloblastic and sideroblastic anemia in an infant fed with goat's milk. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2017 Mar 16.
- Green R, Datta Mitra A. Megaloblastic Anemias: Nutritional and Other Causes. Medical Clinics of North America. Med Clin North Am. 2017 Mar; 101(2):297-317
- Howell SJ, Datta Mitra A, Amsterdam E. What's in a Mass?: Large Native Mitral Valve Mass. Am J Med. 2017 Feb 2. pii: S0002-9343(17)30102-X.
- Datta Mitra A, Alaa Afify, Kristin A Olson. Growing Teratoma Syndrome Secondary to an Immature Ovarian Teratoma. ASCP case reports. 2016 Dec.
- Datta Mitra A, Gupta A, Jialal I. Folate Insufficiency Due to Celiac Disease in a 49-Year-Old Woman of Southeast Asian-Indian Ethnicity. Lab Med. 2016 Aug;47(3):259-62.
- Islam AD, Selmi C, Datta-Mitra A, Sonu R, Chen M, Gershwin M, Raychaudhuri SP. The changing faces of IgG4-related disease: Clinical manifestations and pathogenesis. Autoimmun Rev. 2015 Jun 23. pii: S1568-9972(15)00134-2.
- Datta-Mitra A, Kundu-Raychaudhuri S, Mitra A, Raychaudhuri S. Cross Talk between Neuroregulatory Molecule and Monocyte: Nerve Growth Factor Activates the Inflammasome. Plos One, 2015 Apr 15;10 (4):e0121626. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0121626.
- Fereidouni F, Datta-Mitra A, Demos S, Levenson R. Microscopy with UV Surface Excitation (MUSE) for slide-free histology and pathology imaging. SPIE Proceedings,2015 Mar, Proc. SPIE 9318, Optical Biopsy XIII: Toward Real-Time Spectroscopic Imaging and Diagnosis, 93180F (March 11, 2015); doi:10.1117/12.2080408.
- Datta-Mitra A, Riar KN, Raychaudhuri SP. Remission of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis during Bevacizumab therapy for renal cell cancer. Indian J Dermatol. 2014 Nov;59(6):632.
- Datta Mitra A, Ahmed O. Ayurvedic medicine use and lead poisoning in a child: a continued concern in the US. Clinical Pediatrics, 2014 Oct 9. pii: 0009922814553397.
- Kundu-Raychaudhuri S, Mitra A, Datta-Mitra A, Chaudhari AJ, Raychaudhuri SP. In vivo quantification of mouse autoimmune arthritis by PET/CT. Int J Rheum Dis. 2014 Jun 26. doi: 10.1111/1756-185X.12410.
- Kundu-Raychaudhuri S, Datta-Mitra A, Abria CJ, Peters J, Raychaudhuri SP. Severe combined immunodeficiency mouse-psoriatic human skin xenograft model: A modern tool connecting bench to bedside. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2014 May-Jun;80(3):204-13.
- Raychaudhuri S, Mitra A, Datta-Mitra A. Immunomodulatory Mechanisms of Action of Calcitriol in Psoriasis. Indian J Dermatol. 2014 Mar;59(2):116-22.
- Datta-Mitra A, Mitra A, Ray R, Raychaudhuri SP, Kundu-Raychaudhuri S. 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3-3-bromoacetate, a novel Vitamin D analog induces immunosuppression through PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling cascade. Int Immunopharmacol. 2013 Nov;17(3):744-51.
- Datta-Mitra A, Raychaudhuri SP, Abria CJ, Mitra A, Wright R, Ray R, Kundu-Raychaudhuri S. 1alpha,25-Dihydroxyvitamin-D3-3-Bromoacetate Regulates AKT/mTOR Signaling Cascades: A Therapeutic Agent for Psoriasis. J Invest Dermatol. 2013 Jun; 133(6): 1556-1564.
- Mitra AD, Schrock D, Raychaudhuri SP, Raychaudhuri SK. Inflammasomes and diseases of the skin. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2012 May; 78(3): 394-402.
- Sengupta G, Bhowmick S, Hazra A, Datta A, Rahaman M. Adverse drug reaction monitoring in psychiatry out-patient department of an Indian teaching hospital. Indian J Pharmacol. 2011 Feb; 43(1): 36-39.
- Chatterjee S, Biswas T, Datta A, Sengupta G, Mitra A, Kundu S. Clinical effectiveness and safety of gemifloxacin versus cefpodoxime in acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis: A randomized, controlled trial. Indian J Pharmacol. 2011 Feb; 43(1): 40-44.
- Datta-Mitra A & Mitra A. (2013). Clinical Presentation of Psoriasis. In H.Lima (Ed.), Psoriasis - types, causes and medication. (pp.39-53). Croatia: InTech.
- Datta-Mitra A, Bagchi D, Raychaudhuri SP & Raychaudhuri SK. (2012). Biologics Molecular medicine from Bench to Bedside. In S. Roy, D.Bagchi, S.P.Raychaudhuri (Ed.), Chronic Inflammation Molecular Pathophysiology, Nutritional and Therapeutic Interventions (pp. 369-385). New York: CRC press, Taylor & Francis Group.
- Ananya Datta Mitra, Hong Qiu, Tatsuya Sawamura, Ralph Green, Mingyi Chen. Increased Expression of Lectin-Like Oxidized LDL Receptor-1 (LOX-1) - a Potential Biomarker for Tumor Angiogenesis and Metastasis. Abstract # 1383, USCAP 2017.
- Raychaudhuri SP, Mitra A, Datta Mitra A, Abria C, Raychaudhuri SK. Th9 Cells in Inflammatory Cascades of Autoimmune Arthritis. Arthritis & Rheumatism. 2014 Oct; 66: S708-S708.
- Raychaudhuri SP, Mitra A, Datta Mitra A, Abria C, Raychaudhuri SK. Hierarchical Role of PI3K/Akt/mTOR Signaling Cascade on: Tissue Inflammation, Organization and Angiogenesis in Autoimmune Arthritis. Arthritis & Rheumatism. 2014 Oct; 66: S863-S863.
- Raychaudhuri SP, Datta Mitra A, Mitra A, Abria C, Raychaudhuri SK. Regulatory Role of 1, 25 Dihydroxyvitamin D3 In The Pathogenesis of Autoimmune Arthritis. Arthritis & Rheumatism. 2012 Nov; 64(Suppl. 10): 1185-1185.
- Raychaudhuri SP, Datta Mitra A, Raychaudhuri SK. NGF and Trka: A Novel Therapeutic Target in Chronic Inflammation. Arthritis & Rheumatism. 2012 Nov; 64(Suppl. 10): 589-589.
- Raychaudhuri SP, Mitra A, Datta Mitra A, Abria C, Raychaudhuri SK. IL22 Mediated Pannus Formation in Autoimmune Arthritis Is PI3K/Akt/mTOR Dependent. Arthritis and Rheumatism. 2012 Nov; 64(Suppl. 10): 434-434.
Presentations at Conferences:
- Ananya Datta Mitra, Hong Qiu, Tatsuya Sawamura, Ralph Green, Mingyi Chen. Increased Expression of Lectin-Like Oxidized LDL Receptor-1 (LOX-1) - a Potential Biomarker for Tumor Angiogenesis and Metastasis. USCAP 6-10th March 2017, San Antonio. Poster presentation.
- Stacey J Howell, Ezra A Amsterdem, Ananya Datta Mitra. Large native mitral valve mass. Northern California chapter of the American College of Physicians at San Jose on November 2016. Poster presentation.
- Ananya Datta-Mitra, Adam Stelling, Saba Ali, David Sun, Hooman Rashidi, Dennis Dwyre, Jeffery Gregg, Helen Chew. Implementation of integrated hematopathological services: to improve patient care and reduce cost. 6th Annual UC Davis Healthcare Quality Forum, Sacramento, CA. March 16, 2016. Poster presentation.
- Farzad Fereidouni, Ananya Datta-Mitra, Zachary Harmany, Stavros Demos, Richard Levenson. Microscopy with Ultraviolet Surface Excitation (MUSE): An innovative nearreal-time imaging technique in Pathology. Annual cancer center symposium, UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA. Poster presentation.
- Datta-Mitra A, Farzad Fereidouni, Lauren Martinez. Microscopy with Ultraviolet Sectioning Excitation (MUSE): An innovative near-real-time imaging technique in Pathology. Poster presentation. Annual Pathology Research Retreat, UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA.
- Datta A, Hazra A. Evaluation of the effectiveness and safety of a plant derived drug in diabetes mellitus with dyslipidemia. Poster presentation, 42nd International Conference of Indian Pharmacological Society, Kolkata 2009.
- Datta A, Sengupta G, Hazra A. Community survey of Antiepileptic drug use in Kolkata. Poster and Oral Presentation, 2nd Eastern & 19th annual state conference of IPS 2008.
- Datta A, Bhowmick S, Chatterjee S. A Questionnaire based survey on Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of medical practitioners about medicinal product promotional activities in India. Poster presentation, 42nd International Conference of IndianPharmacological Society, AIIMS 2008, India.