The Orthopaedic Surgery Program participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The application is online. Every medical school in the country is connected to ERAS.
Contained within the ERAS Application for US graduates should be:
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation (will accept four  Letters of Recommendation)
- USMLE, Step 1
- Medical School Transcripts
- MSPE/Dean’s Letter
- One Page Personal Statement
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Maggie Allen, Education Programs Coordinator, at 916-734-4025 email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department grants interviews by invitation only. All interviews will be conducted in January.
2022 interviews will be held virtually and are scheduled for January 10th and 18th.
For all applicants: Licensing eligibility in California
Effective January 1, 2020 -- All applicants, regardless of whether the medical school attended was/ is domestic or international, will be required to meet the following requirements:
- A Postgraduate Training License (PTL) will be required for all residents participating in an ACGME accredited postgraduate training program in California to practice medicine as part of their training program.
- A PTL must be obtained within 180 days after enrollment in the program and will be required to be renewed.
- The profile of a holder of a PTL will be displayed on the Board's website for public view.
- Complete 36 months of postgraduate training accredited by either the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACFME), Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, or College of Family Physicians of Canada.
- Will need to complete 24 consecutive months of training in the same program in order to be eligible for a physician's and surgeon's license.
The University of California, Davis Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program will be participating in Universal Interview Offer Day on Monday, November 15th, 2021 at 12:00PM ET. A 48-hour moratorium on accepting or scheduling interviews will follow. Please click here for more details.