Curriculum Review and Renewal
Developing a Vision for Medical Education at UC Davis School of Medicine
The School of Medicine is engaged in an exciting and comprehensive effort to re-vision our curriculum to better prepare our graduates for the practice of medicine in the 21st century. Vice Chancellor David Lubarsky and Interim Dean Lars Berglund have tasked Associate Dean for Curriculum and Medical Education, Kristin Olson, with assembling a curriculum redesign team of faculty, residents, students and staff to develop 2-3 potential curricular plans for broader discussion. These curricular plans have an expected release date of December 2019.
This is a multi-phased effort that will extend over the next few years, and requires the active involvement of our entire educational community.
- Internal and external curriculum review with summary reports (completed)
- Curriculum redesign with input from faculty, residents, students, and staff (in progress)
- Phased implementation of the new curriculum (To be determined)
This website is a vehicle for disseminating information as the process goes forward, and gathering input from stakeholders along the way.
To view the proposals from the Curriculum Design Team, please click here.
Curriculum Design Team Members (CDT)
The Curriculum Design Team is composed of the following members (in alphabetical order):
- Joanna Arnold – Office of Student Learning and Educational Resources (OSLER)
- Paul Aronowitz – Internal Medicine
- Hillary Campbell – Internal Medicine (Kaiser)
- Melody Hou – OB/GYN
- Rusty Jones – Emergency Medicine
- Theresa Murdock-Vlautin – Pediatrics
- Kristin Olson – Pathology
- Jennifer Plant – Pediatrics
- Fernando Santana – Physiology
- Andres Sciolla – Psychiatry
- Barbara Shacklett – Immunology
- Lane Squires – ENT
- Barton Wise – Internal Medicine (Rheumatology)
- Joe Kim - IM/Psychiatry Resident
- Amanda Phares – Surgery Resident
- Santiago Lombo Luque – MS3
- Sarah Westcott – MS2
- Marjorie Westervelt - Office of Medical Education
- Katelyn Watkins - Office of Medical Education