Visiting Medical Students
2022 - 2023 VSLO Catalog Year
On what date can applicants begin browsing your elective opportunities?
On what date can applicants begin submitting elective requests?
On what date will applicants begin to be notified of decisions?
UC Davis School of Medicine welcomes eligible fourth year visiting medical students' participation in our fourth-year electives as space permits.
- We do not accept visiting students for any required/core clerkships or required courses in the medical school curriculum.
- We do not accept international students for clinical experiences
- All visiting clinical elective experiences must be coordinated through the Visiting Medical Student Program. Please do not contact faculty or administrative staff directly to attempt to arrange clinical experiences.
- Admission into the Visiting Student Program does not constitute admission or matriculation into the UC Davis School of Medicine.
- Visiting medical students applying for fourth year clinical electives must have completed courses comparable to the UC Davis School of Medicine third year curriculum.
- Any expenses required for disability accommodation of a visiting student must be borne by the student's home institution. Please refer to technical standards (PDF).