How to Apply
To apply for the PM&R Residency Program, you should first contact your medical school Dean’s office to access the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) web-based application. All residency applications are only accepted through ERAS.
Items Required for Application Process
- Completed application
- At least two letters of recommendation
- Dean's letter
- Medical school transcripts
- A brief statement regarding the development of interest in and reason for selection of physical medicine and rehabilitation as a specialty
- USMLE Step 1 Score Report or COMLEX Step 1 Score Report
- Deadline for applications: November 1
Only when the above requirements are met will the applicant's file be presented to the PMR faculty for review. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the residency coordinator:
Debbie Duckett, C-TAGME
Education Programs Coordinator
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Lawrence J. Ellison Ambulatory Care Center
4860 Y Street, Suite 3850
Sacramento, CA 95817
Interviews are by invitation only and applicants invited to an interview will be notified by email.
Due to the current COVID crisis, all interviews will be held virtually in cooperation with national and local guidelines. As a result, candidates are not able to schedule visits or tours of our campus.