CA Healthcare Workforce Pre-Medical Scholarship- Now Closed
The CA Healthcare Workforce Pre-Medical Scholarship has now closed as we have exhausted funds. Thank you!
The Office of Student and Resident Diversity
Our programs are designed for anyone who is interested or fully dedicated to their journey to medicine. We offer a range of programs working with K-12 students all the way to supporting our medical students and residents at UC Davis School of Medicine. With our core values of inclusion and respect, let us support your passion to improve the lives and transform the health in the communities that you will serve!
The mission of the Office of Student and Resident Diversity (OSRD) is to create an environment of inclusion and respect, and to actively recruit and fully foster the development of a physician workforce that reflects the rich diversity of our nation and our world — a workforce wholly equipped to serve and care for all people, vigorously committed to reducing health disparities, and passionately dedicated to the goal of achieving true health equity.
- Our opportunities allow students to develop and sustain an interest in medicine and science while promoting early college preparation and readiness
- Our Health Equity Program offers a free "mini medical school" taught by medcial school students to socio-eocnomically disadvantaged high school students
- The Medical School Preparatory Enhancement Program increases opportunities for socio-economically and educationally disadvantaged students from local universities to pursue careers in medicine.
- The MCAT Preparatory Scholarship Program offers scholarships for an MCAT Preparatory Course. Applications to this course are available for current students and alumni within the California State University and the University of California system.
- Our one-year academic enhancer program with MCAT preparation and advanced college courses helps educationally and/or socio-economically disadvantaged students become more competitive applicants to medical school.
- OSRD sponsors Student Interest Groups through funding, outreach and event planning to promote greater understanding across cultural differences.
- The Visiting Elective Program supports fourth-year students from other schools who are underrepresented in medicine and/or from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and want to match into the UC Davis Health residency programs.