UC Davis School of Medicine K-12 Outreach
Javon Young—Our Mentee Is On His Way To College and Medical School
Click to learn more »
To provide tools and knowledge that inspire and lead socio-economically disadvantaged students towards a pathway to college and medicine
The K-12 Program at UC Davis School of Medicine sponsors and supports a variety of programs and opportunities year round that allow students to develop and sustain an interest in medicine and science while promoting early college preparation and readiness.
Housed within the Office of Student and Resident Diversity, the K-12 Outreach Program marks the first step in the pathway effort to produce a workforce of health workers that reflects diversity and will reduce health disparities in their various fields and the communities in which they will serve.
The program offerings happen at the School of Medicine or within the community to build mentorship, leadership and support for both medical students and the K-12 students they serve, ensuring the skills necessary for success in both academic and career goals for all participants.
· Free – no cost to participate
· Meet health professionals and current medical students
· Learn about different career pathways in healthcare
· Network with other high school students and work in teams
· Research and address public health issues in your community
· Gain leadership opportunities and develop teamwork skills
· Participate in fun and interactive virtual activities
· Be in 9th-12th grade
· Have interest in medicine or health
· Be from a disadvantaged, underrepresented, or rural background
· Commit to attend orientation and all sessions
Required Parent & Student Orientation (by Zoom)
· Tuesday, September 22, 2020
· Time: 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Program Sessions (by Zoom)
· Session 1: Saturday, September 26, 2020
· Session 2: Saturday, October 3, 2020
· Session 3: Saturday, October 17, 2020
· Session 4: Saturday, October 24, 2020
· Session 5: Saturday, November 7, 2020
· Session 6: Saturday, November 14, 2020
· 8:30 am – 1:30 pm
·Application Link: https://ucdavis.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ah1RQM89Ib25y9D
· Application Deadline: September 4, 2020 by 5:00 pm
For questions regarding HEALTH Equity Academy, contact Larly Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The journey starts here…
The program coordinator works with the UC Davis School of Medicine Student Interest Groups and Pre-med/Pre-health students from UC Davis to provide the following services based on availability:
- Classroom visits (presentation or workshop on various topics)
- College Fairs
- Career Days
Book a Tour
The Outreach Team hosts tours of the UC Davis School of Medicine for interested high school and community college student groups. Click to reserve your spot on a tour.