Gender and Sexual Diversity
UC Davis School of Medicine Gender and Sexual Diversity student interest group supports lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning (LGBTQ+) students, residents, fellows and patients.
The mission of the UC Davis School of Medicine Gender and Sexual Diversity student interest group is to ensure the full participation and success of LGBTQ+ faculty, residents, and students in all roles within academic and clinical medicine.
Promote awareness and policies, practices, and programs that advance LGBTQ+ participation and success by:
- Advocating for LGBTQ+ advancement and leadership in education, research, clinical practice, and administration.
- Promoting sustainable strategies to enhance an institutional climate of inclusion, equity and opportunity.
- Collecting, analyzing, and applying data to inform institutional and individual decisions and actions about LGBTQ+ patient care and the LGBTQ+ community.
- Developing and disseminating initiatives, programs, and resources to promote increased awareness about the medical needs of LGBTQ+ individuals.
- Recognizing LGBTQ+ accomplishments.
- Creating opportunities for networking and professional development.