Gender and Sexual Diversity
UC Davis School of Medicine Gender and Sexual Diversity student interest group supports LGBTQ+ issues of faculty, residents, postdoctoral researchers, students and patients.
The mission of the UC Davis School of Medicine Gender and Sexual Diversity student interest group is to ensure the full participation and success of LGBTQ+ faculty, residents, and students in all roles within academic and clinical medicine.
Promote awareness and policies, practices, and programs that advance LGBTQ+ participation and success by:
- Advocating for LGBTQ+ advancement and leadership in education, research, clinical practice, and administration.
- Promoting sustainable strategies to enhance an institutional climate of inclusion, equity and opportunity.
- Collecting, analyzing, and applying data to inform institutional and individual decisions and actions about LGBTQ+ patient care and the LGBTQ+ community.
- Developing and disseminating initiatives, programs, and resources to promote increased awareness about the medical needs of LGBTQ+ individuals.
- Recognizing LGBTQ+ accomplishments.
- Creating opportunities for networking and professional development.