Interventional Cardiovascular Medicine
Interventional Cardiology Fellowship Training Program
The Interventional Cardiovascular Fellowship Training Program encompasses minimum training (COCATS 2) in all areas of interventional cardiology.
Participants will receive clinical training in cardiac catheterization, complex percutaneous interventional procedures, coronary angiography and ventriculography, cardiac pericardiocentesis, angioplasty, intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation, and other technical and procedural skills. Fellows additionally gain experience in clinical decision-making and pre- and post-procedural management. Trainees also are involved in the conduct of and enrollment of patients in clinical trials. Experiences may include active collaboration in locally initiated research protocols and participation in data analysis and presentation.
Applying for the Program
NOTE: Fellowship positions for AY 2020-21 have been filled. We are currently accepting applications for AY 2021-22. Qualified candidates will be:
- ABIM certified in Internal Medicine
- ABIM certified/eligible in Adult Cardiovascular Diseases
- Successful completion from a 3 year ACGME accredited cardiology fellowship training program
Required supporting documents
- Completed application with photo
- Curriculum vitae
- ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
- 3 letters of recommendation, one being from your current program director
- Personal Statement
- CA Medical License copy or proof of eligibility for obtaining CA Medical License
November 1- 30 applications accepted
December 1 - January 31 Interviews scheduled
July 15 Fellowship begins
Additional program information
- The training program offers one year of ACGME approved training in coronary intervention.
- Requirements for International Medical Graduates at UC Davis Health System (PDF)
Mail application and required documentation to: