Basic requirements for volunteering
Following are the basic requirements for volunteering at UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center:
- Complete the application process through Volunteer Services.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 to volunteer.
- Contribute a 4 - 6 hour shift per week for at least a 6-month period.
- Complete mandatory orientation requirements through Volunteer Services.
- Obtain a medical clearance per Volunteer Services.
- Pay a one-time registration fee of $10.00 to Volunteer Services.
- For the protection of our patients, provide information for a national criminal background check.
- See, hear and speak English well enough to satisfactorily converse with patients, visitors and hospital staff. See well enough to visually assess a patient’s condition or to read written material. Possess strength and stamina to remain active for extended periods of time and to be able to move a distance between floors and buildings. Body strength and mobility to assist in transporting patients, moving patients or supplies.