Samples and Workflow
- All efforts will be made to conserve excess sample material submitted by the client. Any unused sample will be available for return to the client via pick-up or shipment (client must provide a FedEx account number) along with the data. Any unused sample material is forfeited if not claimed within three months of work completion notification. The GSR reserves the right to use any unclaimed material for protocol testing and proof-of-principle experiments, although any such work will be masked with respect to the biological relevance of these samples.
- In order to minimize turn-around times, we will do our best to stock a variety of supplies, reagents, and microarrays for the most commonly requested services. However, in the event that the GSR does not have some components in stock, we may need to inform you of an increase in lead-time for your request. In addition, to reduce overstock costs to our overall client community, we may request that the user provide their own reagents or supplies for more specialized requests.
Acknowledgement and Authorship
- We ask that clients make sure to acknowledge the GSR as the genomics service provider in any manuscript, oral presentation, poster presentation or other published use of data generated by the GSR.
- In addition to acknowledging the GSR as the genomics service provider, UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center members who receive a discount on their service fees must cite the Cancer Center Support Grant (NCI P30 CA93373) in the acknowledgements section of any manuscript, oral presentation, poster presentation, or other published use of data generated by the GSR.
- If a member of the GSR staff contributes significant intellectual input to a project, he or she should be included on the author line of any resulting publication. Intellectual input refers to written contribution to the manuscript, significant data analysis work or unique/extensive technical applications support.
- The GSR must receive a UC Davis account number, a full University of California accounting string, or a completed external client billing form + valid purchase order prior to sample submission.
- Payment for services is due once the work is complete and data are provided to the client. In cases where payment is not made through UC Davis internal billing, an invoice will be sent to the client once samples are received in order to allow the client's institution to begin the payment process.
- For large projects that span more than a month, the GSR may request monthly partial payment for the work that has been completed.