Fresh Arugula and Vinaigrette Salad
Image courtesy: Moonracer Films
UC Davis Health Executive Chef Santana Diaz shares this refreshing salad recipe, perfect as the days warm up.
- Fresh arugula
- Raw Delta asparagus, shaved
- Grilled Delta asparagus, shaved
- Dragon’s tongue beans, halved
- Raw Chioggia beets, sliced
- Lightly roasted golden beets, diced
- Lightly roasted red beets, diced
- 1 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/8 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- Optional: Top with goat cheese and/or your choice of protein
- Toss your diced beets with salt, pepper and olive oil and roast at 400ºF for roughly 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Use a potato peeler to shave your asparagus and use a mandolin to slice your Chioggia beets.
This recipe originally appeared as part of the Breaking Bread At Home series, featuring Chef Santana Diaz and other Sacramento-area chefs.