To be considered for the ACE-PC, applicants must be planning a career in Family Medicine or primary care Internal Medicine. The following criteria will be strongly considered:
- Clinical experience in a primary care setting
- Demonstrated community health or leadership experience
- First-in-family to complete a bachelor’s degree
- Fluency in a second language in addition to English
- Connection to Northern California.
- Applicants must apply to UC Davis School of Medicine through the AMCAS by October 1.
- Applicants invited to complete the UC Davis School of Medicine Secondary Application have the opportunity to indicate their interest in ACE-PC.
- Applicants interviewed by the UCDSOM will then be reviewed by the ACE-PC Program Directors. Applicants are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Qualified applicants will be invited for an ACE-PC interview between January and April.
- ACE-PC applicants will be interviewed simultaneously by leadership from the three year M.D. pathway and the partner residency programs.
ACE-PC students begin medical school 6 weeks earlier than the traditional M.D. program, with the Summer Fundamentals Course starting mid-June.