Community Health Scholars
Each year, the Community Health Scholars Programs accept:
- 6-8 ACE-PC students
- 8-12 Rural-PRIME students
- 8-12 REACH students
- 6-8 TEACH-MS students
- 4-6 Tribal Health PRIME students
CHS applicants apply through the traditional UC Davis School of Medicine (SOM) admissions pathway and must meet the same requirements as all SOM students. The CHS programs select applicants for a second interview after the applicant has completed the SOM interview.
- Apply to the UC Davis School of Medicine (UCDSOM) through the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS) by October 1.
- Applicants invited to complete the UCDSOM Secondary Application will have an opportunity to indicate their interest in one or more of the CHS programs in the Secondary Application.
- Applicants interviewed by the UCDSOM will then be reviewed by the CHS Directors. Applicants are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Qualified applicants will be invited for a CHS interview between January and April.
For more information, visit the UC Davis School of Medicine Admissions page.