Important: Patient and visitor partnership pledge
We are in this together for your well-being, or for the well-being of your loved one.
We all are on the same team.
In this time of high demand for our services, we pledge to provide the best care that we can.
Our patients and visitors can pledge to help in the following ways:
- Please do not visit if you are sick, or if someone in your home is sick. We have other ways for you to stay connected.
- For everyone’s health and safety, visitors must wear a hospital-provided mask covering the mouth and nose. Visitors must also wash hands frequently, including when asked, for everyone’s health and safety. We pledge to do the same.
- At times, visitors may be required to wear other personal protective equipment (“PPE”), such as gloves, a gown, and eye protection. It must be worn in your loved one’s room, and removed when you leave it.
- To help reduce contact with others, please try to stay in the room with your loved one.
- To help prevent falls, please avoid creating clutter.
- Care team members will visit each day, and they may discuss your care plan together. This is a good time to ask questions, or to prepare for leaving the hospital (“discharge”).
- Please do not raise your voice, use swear words, or show abusive behavior. We pledge to be respectful, and ask that you do the same.
We know family and friends are essential to the well-being of patients. Maintaining a safe and calm healing environment is essential, and we all share in that responsibility. Although it is not our preference, any breaches to this joint pledge may lead to removal of visiting privileges.
Thank you for your support!
Good to know:
If you need help, please do not wait to ask. If you have safety concerns, always speak up.
If you have any questions or concerns about this agreement, please contact our Patient Relations office:
- 916-734-9777 or 800-305-6540 (Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)