Accepted health plans
UC Davis Health providers accept many major health plans.
Several of the specific plans that we accept are shown in the lists below on this page. Information and links for CalPERS, Medicare, Covered California and Medi-Cal options follow at the bottom of the page.
To select your personal UC Davis Health doctor:
- First, choose one of the many health insurance plans that we accept. Be sure your health insurance plan includes UC Davis Health or UC Davis Medical Group.
- Next, choose us as your medical group. (We may be listed as UC Davis Medical Group or as UC Davis Health in your materials).
- Then choose your preferred UC Davis Health doctor, and contact their office to confirm. You can browse our primary care physicians and locations using our online directory, or call 800-2-UCDAVIS (1-800-282-3284) for assistance.
If your health insurance plan does include UC Davis Health or UC Davis Medical Group, but you're part of another medical group, your plan may allow you to switch anytime.
If your plan doesn't include UC Davis Health or UC Davis Medical Group, you may want to consider switching health plans during your open enrollment period.
Please note that health plans vary by region. The information below is a partial list of insurance plans accepted by UC Davis Health/UC Davis Medical Group as of fall 2021 and is subject to change. Please call 800-2-UCDAVIS (800-282-3284) if your insurance plan is not listed, or to verify if your plan is accepted.
|Anthem Blue Cross||800-888-8288|
|UC Blue & Gold||800-539-4072|
*Not a comprehensive list. Your plan materials may include or list UC Davis Health or UC Davis Medical Group. Please call your plan’s member services with any questions or for information.
PPOs and standard insurance
|Anthem Blue Cross||800-331-1476|
|Great West Healthcare - Cigna||800-663-8081|
|Hometown Health Plan||775-982-3000|
|HealthSmart - Interplan||800-444-4036|
|Networks By Design||800-709-4734|
|Pacific Foundation for Medical Care||800-548-7677|
|United Healthcare West||800-624-8822|
*Not a comprehensive list. Your plan materials may include UC Davis Health or UC Davis Medical Group. Please call your plan’s member services with any questions or for information. Contact numbers may change at any time without warning.
Information on our currently accepted Medicare plans:
- Any true Medicare Supplemental plan. These plans assist with a patient’s 20 percent financial responsibility after Medicare has paid 80 percent.
- UC Davis Health is considered in-network for the United Healthcare Group Medicare Advantage PPO, Anthem Medicare Preferred, and Blue Shield of CA Medicare Advantage PPO Plan.
- UC annuitants – UC Davis Health is considered in-network for United Healthcare Group Medicare Advantage PPO, and UC Medicare PPO (administered by Anthem Blue Cross).
*UC Davis Health is not currently a provider for other Medicare Advantage HMO or PPO plans. Please check your coverage and financial responsibility for out-of-network services.
Information as of fall 2021 and subject to change.
A number of health plans allow CalPERS members to choose a UC Davis Health or UC Davis Medical Group physician.
Because our same care team and services are available at different rates in different plans, you may save money by comparison shopping and changing your plan.
*For general CalPERS open enrollment information, visit the CalPERS website.
Learn more about UC Davis Health options for Covered California, the state's health benefits exchange.
*For general information, visit the Covered California website.
For primary care, UC Davis Health/UC Davis Medical Group is in-network with Health Net Community Solutions, a Medi-Cal HMO plan. The plan is currently closed to new sign-ups for primary care services from UC Davis Health.
Note: For several other Medi-Cal HMO or Managed Medi-Cal plans, UC Davis Health/UC Davis Medical Group are contracted and may be accessed for specialty care and hospital care. In these plans, your primary care provider would not be from UC Davis Health. Your primary care provider would need to refer you to UC Davis Health in order for you to receive specialty care here. Your health plan and/or primary care provider would also need to authorize all services provided by UC Davis Health.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- CA Health & Wellness
- Health Net Community Solutions
- Health Plan of San Joaquin
- Kaiser Permanente Medi-Cal
- Partnership Health Plan
Information as of fall 2020 and subject to change.