Ortho in The News
- COVID-19 can cause inflammation that results in bone loss, higher fracture risk - Haudenschild and Christiansen Lab
- Fireworks safety tips from Christopher Bayne, M.D.
- First-ever limb loss awareness event connects experts and community
- Diamond Doc Award - April
- One woman’s story is shaped by 3D surgical technology - Steven Thorpe, M.D.
- UC Davis School of Medicine receives record amount of NIH funding for second year in a row
- First-ever genetic map to identify causes of sarcoma - R. Lor Randall, M.D.
- Orthopaedic Surgery Pediatric team leads research to reduce narcotics use in children with femur fractures - Brian Haus, M.D.
- UC Davis Health adds to its collection of robotic technology - Gavin Pereira, M.D.
- Orthopaedics first in region to offer weight-bearing CT scan technology - Eric Giza, M.D., Christopher Kreulen, M.D., M.S.
- UC Davis Health breaks ground on 48X Complex, a new ambulatory surgery center
- Physicians receive Diamond Doc Award for exceptional patient care - Mark Lee, M.D., Gavin Pereira, M.D.
- UC Davis School of Medicine receives national award for diversity, inclusion
- UC Davis Health receives multiple national awards for environmental sustainability, including honors as a Top 25 hospital
- Opening of the new Oak Park Lawrence J. Ellison Musculoskeletal Research Center at UC Davis Health
- Departments of Orthopaedic Surgery and Biomedical Engineering recently received the prestigious National Institutes of Health (NIH) T32 training program grant - Kent Leach, Ph.D., R. Lor Randall, M.D.
- Multidisciplinary team supports patients at greater risk of fragility fractures - Hai Le, M.D., Polly Teng, M.D., Barton Wise, M.D.
- School of Medicine honors students, residents and faculty with annual awards - Outstanding Medical Student Award
- UC Davis Health receives AMSN PRISM Award® for exemplary practice - Orthopaedic/Trauma Unit
- A new hip for a patient with rare neuromuscular condition, 16-year-old Malena - Gavin Pereira, M.D
- UC Davis Health gives patient a second chance at life — twice - Philip R. Wolinsky, M.D., Robert Allen, M.D., Clair Manske, M.D., Brian Haus, M.D.
- Diamond Doc Award - March
- Match Day places 126 students into residencies across 18 states
- UC Davis School of Medicine breaks new record for NIH research funding
- Rheumatology works to identify and support patients at greater risk of fragility fractures - Barton Wise, M.D., Hai Le, M.D.
- Patient survives tragic accident with the help of UC Davis Health nurses and physicians - Cassandra Lee, M.D., Mark Lee, M.D.
- UC Davis develops engineered bone marrow to study early osteosarcoma progression - Leach Laboratory
- Diamond Doc Award - Nov
- Outstanding Mid-Career Faculty for Excellence in Research Award - Kent Leach, Ph.D.
- Diamond Doc Award - June
- The team that put his broken back together again - Evan Beauchamp
- Young man's scary injury benefits from spine center skill and expertise - Evan Beauchamp, Eric Klineberg, M.D.
- UC Davis Health tests anti-inflammatory antiviral compound as COVID-19 therapy - Dominik Haudenschild, Ph.D.
- Diamond Doc Award - March
- Kent Leach Named Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Biomedical Materials Research - Kent Leach, Ph.D.
- UC Davis School of Medicine scored a record year of NIH funding
- Heartbreaking loss leads to unique donations for sarcoma cancer research - Kelsey Hastings Golitz, R. Lor Randall, M.D.
- Spine center imaging system provides full-length X-ray with less radiation - Eric Klineberg, M.D.
- Sacramento Magazine's Top Doctors for 2019
- Bay Area surgeon and healthcare executive chooses UC Davis for complex cancer surgery - Terry Gilliland, R. Lor Randall, M.D.
- Treating 7-year-old’s Lydia Alwan’s osteosarcoma - R. Lor Randall, M.D.
- An ankle becomes a knee for child with sarcoma - Steven Thorpe, M.D.