Breast Imaging Fellowship Program
Shadi A. Shakeri M.D.
Number of Fellowship Positions: 1 per year
Duration of Fellowship: 1 year
The breast imaging fellowship in the Department of Radiology at the University of California Davis is a one-year program providing comprehensive training in all aspects of breast imaging. Our imaging center is a state-of the art program offering digital mammography, tomosynthesis, ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging as well as breast interventional procedures utilizing mammography, ultrasound and MRI. We perform approximately 25,000 breast imaging studies annually. The prospective trainee will have ample opportunity to learn with direct supervision. The breast imaging fellow will participate in monthly tumor board and radiology-pathology correlation conferences.
Fellows are encouraged to participate in research projects currently underway in our section.
- Completion of four-year residency in the United States or Canada.
- Requirements and procedures for licensing in California have changed and are substantially different than years past. Please visit the California Medical Board Licensing Requirements page for specific details of the new requirements. Additional information concerning licensure is available from the Division of Licensing, Medical Board of California, 2005 Evergreen Street #1200, Sacramento, Calif. 95825, telephone (916) 263-2344 or by visiting the Division of Licensing, Medical Board of California website.
- Requirement for acceptance of international medical graduates at UC Davis for postgraduate training
To apply, please submit the following materials to the fellowship coordinator at the address below.
- A completed application form
- Current CV
- A letter of recommendation from the director of your radiology residency program mailed from the Dean's office directly to our program
- Two additional letters of recommendation from physicians of your choice addressed to the fellowship director
- A letter from the dean of your medical school addressed to the fellowship director
- Medical school transcripts and USMLE scores
- Personal statement
- Current photo (to ensure we have the correct applicant with the correct file during rank period)
The first breast imaging fellowship match is sponsored by the Society of Breast Imaging and it will be managed by the National Resident Matching Program. In order to become a fellow with University of California Davis, you must register with the Radiology Match, of which Breast Imaging is a part.
To apply for a fellowship position, please send your application to:
Manjot Kaur via email email@example.com or postal service 4860 Y Street, Suite 3100, Sacramento, CA 95817.
We will then contact you about arranging an interview. * Please note that due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, fellowship interviews will be conducted remotely.
Breast Imaging has implemented an All-In Policy for the Match. This means that programs participating in the Match cannot extend any offers to candidates outside of the match. Applicants can withdraw from the Match prior to the ranking deadline if they accept a position outside of the Match.
Dates of the Match:
- March 25, 2020: Registration opens
- April 22, 2020: Ranking opens
- May 27, 2020: Ranking Order List Deadline
- June 10, 2020: Match Day
- July 1, 2021: Training begins
Cost of the Match:
Applicants will pay a $75 registration fee to register for the Match.
If you have questions or would like to submit your application materials, please contact:
Fellowship contact: Manjot Kaur
(916) 703-2273, firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Breast Imaging Fellowship
Shadi A. Shakeri, M.D.
University of California, Davis
Department of Radiology
School of Medicine
4860 Y Street, Suite 3100
Sacramento, CA 95817