If you have a colorectal disease that requires surgical intervention, you may have questions about your options and recovery after surgery. At UC Davis, our expertly trained colorectal surgeons are here to help determine what the best treatment plan is for you depending on your condition and personal preferences. Our goal is always to use the least invasive, most effective treatment possible for every patient.
As a dedicated colorectal surgery program, we provide advanced diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care to patients with all types of colorectal disorders. We are here to help you feel better faster so that you can return to doing the activities you enjoy.
UC Davis Division of Colorectal Surgery: Why Choose Us?
At our center, you will find diagnostic testing and advanced treatments all under one roof. As a nationally recognized academic medical center, you will also have access to tests and treatments that are not widely available.
Highlights of our program include:
- Team of experts: Our colorectal surgeons are fellowship trained, meaning they have completed rigorous training in general surgery and colorectal disease care. Our team also includes nurses who are specially trained in meeting the unique needs of patients with colorectal disease. Meet our team.
- Accredited by Commission on Cancer: The rectal cancer surgery program at UC Davis Health has been accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Rectal Cancer of the American College of Surgeons (ACS), making it one of just nine programs in the nation to achieve this recognition. Read more on this outstanding accreditation.
- Improving quality of life: We use the latest surgical techniques to treat patients with the full range of colorectal disorders, from common to the most complex. Whenever possible, we use non-surgical or minimally invasive surgical treatments to help patients recover faster and preserve normal bowel function. Learn more about the conditions we treat.
- Broad range of treatments: We offer the full spectrum of non-surgical and surgical treatments to provide patients with a treatment plan that meets their needs. Our surgeons have an expertise in performing minimally invasive surgery, helping patients recover faster and return to the things they love. Find out more about our treatments.
- Life-saving care: We offer all the latest techniques for detecting and treating colorectal disorders such as inherited colorectal tumors. Our team includes internationally recognized experts in the early detection of inherited colorectal tumors, which has saved many lives. Read more about our research.