Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency
The UC Davis Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency dates back to 1978. Since that time, our program graduates can be found around the globe in successful private and academic practices. Our program is fully accredited by the ACGME and offers two distinct residency pathways to become a plastic surgeon: the six-year Integrated Residency and the three-year Independent Residency. UC Davis Health is ranked as one of the nation’s top hospitals by U.S. News & World Reports and our residency program has become an innovative leader in education, training and cutting edge research in the science and art of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where every resident succeeds. This commitment and passion drives everything we do, and we seek to cultivate that passion in our residents.
Our program seeks:
- To develop technically skilled and broadly trained residents.
- Contribute to the safe, efficacious, and ethical delivery of plastic surgery, in all of its fields.
- Cultivate and maintain an environment of collegiality and camaraderie.
- Cultivate and allow the pursuit of desired fellowships and future practice.
Residents in our program receive:
- Progressive improvement in medical knowledge and clinical skills as measured by all Plastic Surgery Milestones.
- High operative volumes for all residents, exceeding recommended minimums.
- Progressively increasing levels of responsibility where senior residents mentor and guide junior residents through cases.
- Encouragement of submissions to and presentations at region and national plastic surgery conference every year.
- Interviews with and matching into desired top choice fellowships.
Our faculty includes Granger B. Wong, M.D., D.M.D., Professor, Chief and Program Director; Michael S. Wong, M.D., Professor; Lee L.Q. Pu, M.D., Professor; Clifford Pereira, M.D., Associate Professor; Chetan Irwin, M.D., Assistant Professor; and Andrew Li, M.D., Assistant Professor (not pictured). All are committed to teaching the art and science of plastic surgery.