At UC Davis, our team includes internationally recognized colorectal surgeons who specialize in the latest techniques and treatments, such as minimally invasive colorectal surgery and sphincter-sparing colorectal surgery. We are here to help referring physicians from across the region provide excellent care to their patients.
Why Refer Patients to the UC Davis Colorectal Surgery Program?
Partnering with UC Davis gives your patient access to care that is state of the art, yet compassionate. We seamlessly blend the personalized attention of a private practice with the vast resources and multidisciplinary expertise of the region's only academic medical center.
Highlights of our program include:
- Recognized expertise: The U.S. News & World Report ranked UC Davis as the best overall hospital in the Northern Sierra area. This means we provide the advanced, effective and compassionate care that you want your patients to receive.
- Expert team of colorectal surgeons: We are the only program in the region with surgeons who are double board certified and fellowship trained in general surgery colorectal disease care. We treat a high volume of patients, which translates to exceptional outcomes. Find out more about our team.
- Multidisciplinary care: UC Davis offers comprehensive care for any colorectal disease diagnosis thanks in part to our collaboration with other UC Davis programs. Working alongside colleagues from the UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center for colorectal cancer and the Continence and Pelvic Floor Center for pelvic floor dysfunction allows us to deliver care that is second to none.
- Commitment to quality: UC Davis ranks among the top 10 percent of hospitals in the American College of Surgeons' ACS National Surgical Quality Improvement Program. UC Davis has also been recognized among the nation's Top Hospitals on the Leapfrog Group's annual hospital survey of safety and quality for several years running.
- Clinical research: True to our mission as an academic medical center, our colorectal surgeons are deeply involved in advancing colorectal disease care through research and clinical trials. One of our surgeons was a site principal investigator for prestigious trials, including Robotic Versus Laparoscopic Resection for Rectal Cancer (ROLARR). We are also recognized internationally recognized for our leadership and advocacy for early detection of inherited colorectal tumors and cancer syndromes. Find out more about our research.
Referring a Patient to UC Davis: What to Expect
Our open door philosophy means you can refer a patient to us at any point in their care journey. Our team is attentive to your patient's individual needs and coordinates any services they may need.
These services may include:
- Advanced diagnostic testing, including virtual colonoscopy
- In-office procedures for complex cases of anorectal disease, including pelvic floor dysfunction.
- One-time consultations and second opinions
- Comprehensive evaluation and treatment for intractable inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Genetic counseling for inherited colorectal tumors and cancer syndromes
- Comprehensive surgical care
One call to our surgeons or dedicated nurse practitioner is all it takes to refer your patient. Our goal is always to transition patients back to referring physicians and local community providers for ongoing medical care.
Please call the UC Davis consult line if you would like a phone consultation at 916-734-2680.