Telehealth Express Care Guest Services
A convenient way for non-UC Davis Health patients to connect virtually with a care team member
Telehealth Express Care video visits are available for anyone in California through the MyUCDavisHealth app and web portal.
Connect with a UC Davis Health care team member for same-day and extended-hours video visits using your smartphone, tablet, or personal computer to discuss urgent care issues such as:
- Flu-like symptoms
- Urinary tract issues
- GI problems
- Joint pain, and more
During your video visit, care team members also have the ability to order laboratory and imaging testing if you need it, including COVID-19 testing.
Preparing for your Express Care video visit
- In order to connect with a doctor, make sure you have an iOS or Android device, or a computer with a microphone, camera, and speaker.
- Express Care is a billable telehealth service, so please have a credit card available. A $79 prepay fee will be required before joining your video visit. You may be reimbursed if we are able to obtain authorization and payment from your insurance. Go to billing and insurance questions
- For your security, you must create a guest MyUCDavisHealth user account before you are able to access Express Care guest services. Once you have created an account, follow the prompted instructions.
Helpful tips and tricks for Express Care video visits
- Make sure you have a strong and secure Internet or Wi-Fi connection.
- Find a place where you can talk freely and avoid distractions during your video visit.
- Eliminate all background noises and mute TVs and music.
- Choose a well-lit area so your care team member can see you. Avoid shaded areas, sitting in front of windows or behind shiny backgrounds as they can reflect light.
- Use your camera to show your care team member medications, rashes or wounds.
- Be prepared with a list of questions to ask your care team member.
For questions or access support, call 916-703-HELP (916-703-4357).