Welcome to UC Davis Medical Center
Whether a patient or a visitor, UC Davis Medical Center offers a full complement of facilities, services, and friendly smiles to ease any apprehension that may be associated with a hospital. In fact, we’re about more than excellent health care. We are equally committed to the following:
The very best care available
Heartfelt compassion and understanding, and
Significant sensitivity to matters of dignity, safety and convenience.
We value everyone who walks through our doors. While you are with us, either in our care or visiting someone who is, we strive to earn and deserve your confidence and trust every day.
In serving you, we promise to:
- Respect and protect your right to privacy and maintain confidentiality of your records.
- Keep you informed of your medical condition, answer your questions frankly and involve you and your family in the decision-making process.
- Address any pain or other symptoms you may have with a goal of managing them to keep you as comfortable as possible.
- Provide explanations and instructions clearly and concisely.
- Deliver service that is timely, convenient and accessible, explaining delays whenever they become necessary.
- Maintain safe and comfortable facilities.
Our care philosophy has always emphasized family and loved ones as part of the healing process. We also take seriously the need to keep patients who are healing safe from infections that can be brought into the hospital from the outside world. So we allow limited visitations at UC Davis Medical Center to help keep patients connected to their loved ones, and also keep them healthy and safe while they are in our hospital.