Each MIS fellow should expect to perform a wide variety of MIS procedures during the fellowship year. Fellows operate with faculty to learn skills and techniques. Our program emphasizes a strong operative experience for fellows. The operative experience is composed of two clinical rotations: Bariatric surgery and advanced MIS/ Robotics.
Fellows will be expected to cover the patients on whom they operate. The MIS fellowship is collectively responsible to cover the GI surgery service one weekend each month. There is no trauma call.
Research & Education
Fellows are encouraged to participate in on-going research studies. Fellows will also have the opportunity to participate in teaching residents and medical students.
- Laparoscopic & Robotic Skills Labs.
- Monthly televideo conference with other MIS programs.
- Weekly educational conferences.
- Attendance at least one specialty MIS/Bariatric conference.
- Sponsored academic courses through strategic partners.
- Time off to prepare and complete oral and written ABS exams.