Jill R. Saberman, M.S.N., R.N., W.H.N.P.-B.C.
Assistant Clinical Professor
Jill Saberman is an assistant clinical professor for the Master of Science – Family Nurse Practitioner and Master of Health Services – Physician Assistant Studies degree programs at the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing at UC Davis. In a unique dual academic and clinical appointment, Saberman divides her time between the School of Nursing and UC Davis Health clinics. As a women’s health nurse practitioner, she provides clinical services at the Elk Grove Clinic Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology for 80% of her time and leads classroom instruction and clinical precepting for School of Nursing students the remaining 20%.
With a focus on health promotion, disease prevention and wellness of female patients, Saberman brings more than 22 years of nursing experience with a background in women’s health including gynecology, prenatal care, fertility, family planning, contraception, menopause management and female sexual health. Prior to joining the School of Nursing, she served as a full-time lecturer at San Francisco State University School of Nursing and a part-time nurse practitioner in a private obstetrics and gynecology practice in San Francisco, California.
Saberman graduated from the University of California at San Diego with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Visual Arts in 1992. After working for five years in the California film industry, she decided to return to school and become a nurse practitioner and graduated from the Master’s Entry Program in Nursing (MEPN) from Massachusetts General Hospital Institute of Health Professions with a dual focus in Adult and Women’s Health in 1999. She has national board certifications in Adult Health and Women’s Health.
Saberman has a passion for travel and global social justice. With extensive experience in providing clinical education and patient care within underserved communities of India, South Africa and Mexico, she hopes to expand her international care opportunities in the future.
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org