Team Agreements Awards
The purpose of the Team Agreements Awards is to recognize staff and faculty who demonstrate living out the School of Nursing Team Agreements. Team Agreements are made up of eight guiding principles developed to optimize the way we work together in accordance with the mission and core values of our school. The nominee upholds these principles and enhances team collaboration and our school culture.
All Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing employees (e.g., staff, faculty, postdoctoral scholar, temporary, student assistant, etc.) are eligible to be nominated for a Team Agreements Award. Nominations can be submitted in one or more of the Team Agreements principles listed in the Nomination Criteria below.
- Trust and integrity: demonstrates transparency, honesty, character, consistency, reliability and justice. Models behaviors including good communication, sense of community, competence, accountability, honesty and consistency.
- Dignity and respect: demonstrates acknowledgment of dignity, respectfulness and the appreciation of the value of an individual as well as their skills, ideas and perspectives. Models behaviors and skills including intense listening, assuming good intentions, generosity of heart, humanity, humility and appreciative inquiry.
- Inclusivity: demonstrates including people who might otherwise not be included, emphasizing not excluding members or participants on the ground of gender, race, class, sexuality, disability, employee status, etc. Models behaviors and skills including openness, engagement, welcoming, appreciation and cultural vigor.
- Esprit de corps: demonstrates pride, enthusiasm, devotion, fellowship and common loyalty for their team; and working together with persistence toward achieving the vision, mission, and core values of the school. Models behaviors and skills including conducting open meetings, asking respectful questions and thinking team first.
- Empowerment: demonstrates the management practice of sharing information, rewards and power with employees so that they can take initiative and make decisions to solve problems and improve service and performance. Models behaviors and skills including leadership, skill sharing, delegation, motivation, encouragement and collaboration.
- Accountability: demonstrates valuing interdependence to get our work done and to meet our mission. Models behaviors and skills including doing what we say we will do, authenticity, responsibility, clarity of communication, perseverance, not promising more than we can deliver and follow through.
- Healthy conflict: demonstrates valuing diverse thinking and the ideas that arise when we share different points of view; and valuing the role healthy conflict plays in helping to build momentum, moving the school forward, prioritizing scarce resources and aligning expectations. Models behaviors and skills including valuing cognitive diversity, engaging in active listening, focusing on the topic or objective, not making things personal and rejecting defensiveness.
- Truth to power and nerve: demonstrates effort to speak up for what is right. Models behaviors and skills including actively listening to opposing views with an open mind and open heart; creating a zone of safety; using restorative justice to repair harm when it occurs; mindfulness of body language, word choices and tone; courage; objectivity and compassion.
Nominators must choose one or more of the Team Agreements principles their nominee upholds and be able to describe, with examples, how the nominee lives out those principles in the workplace and the impact they have had. Award recipients receive a gift card and recognition at a Faculty and Staff Team Meeting.
Questions? Email Joanna Garcia at email@example.com.
Nominate a team member using this online form
Team Agreement Awards
Dec. 1, 2022
Principle: Dignity and Respect
Team award to student services team
Madeline Verzola, Amanda Yi, Michelle Ho, Caroline Miller
Principle: Healthy Conflict
Team award to education curriculum and technology team
Joana Chavez, Anthony Moncado, Danielle Navarro, Jen Black and Dez Lazo
Principle: Truth to Power
La Cole Blackshire
Principle: Trust and Integrity
Team award to education clinical team
Jason Sowa, Celia Flores, Christy Davis, Hanh Herbert, Melissa Yu
Principle: Esprit de Corps