Physician assistant graduates take oath
2022 Physician Assistant Oath
Future physician assistants (P.A.) from the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing at UC Davis gathered at Betty Irene Moore Hall to mark their transition into the profession with the recitation of the Physician Assistant Professional Oath at Sept. 9.
The Master of Health Services — Physician Assistant Class of 2022 met together to mark the formal transition from student to health care professional. By taking the oath, the graduates pledge to put the health, safety and privacy of patients first and adhere to a professional code of ethics. Family, friends and supporters may watch on Facebook.
After 27 months of classroom discussions, skills lab instruction and hundreds of hours of clinical rotations, the graduates are ready to take their licensing exam.
Physician Assistant Professional Oath
I pledge to perform the following duties with honesty and dedication:
- I will hold as my primary responsibility the health, safety, welfare and dignity of all human beings.
- I will uphold the tenets of patient autonomy, beneficence, nonmaleficence and justice.
- I will recognize and promote the value of diversity.
- I will treat equally all persons who seek my care.
- I will hold in confidence the information shared in the course of practicing medicine.
- I will assess my personal capabilities and limitations, striving always to improve my medical practice.
- I will actively seek to expand my knowledge and skills, keeping abreast of advances in medicine.
- I will work with other members of the health care team to provide compassionate and effective care of patients.
- I will use my knowledge and experience to contribute to an improved community.
- I will respect my professional relationship with the physician.
- I will share and expand knowledge within the profession.
These duties are pledged with sincerity and upon my honor.